Submitting a complete application with all supporting documents is necessary for your permit application(s) to be accepted. Doing this the first time will save you review time. Below are some of the most common reasons permit applications are delayed.
Top Reasons Building and Other Permits are Delayed:
Not having an appointment for your permit application
- Permit submittals are by appointment only and only occur during the following hours:
9:00am-11:00am & 1:00pm-3:00pmNot having a completed HOA Certification Form with the Application
Monday - Thursday
Please call (970) 920-5090 to schedule an appointment
- Many permit applications become stalled when an HOA letter is missing or does not clearly grant approval. This new form eliminates staff’s need to interpret home owner association documents and allows a permit to continue through review. Staff has used this form on recent projects with good results. This became a requirement for all submissions starting July 1, 2013.
Not being prepared to pay submittal fees with the application
- Submittal fees are due at the time of application. You can review all relevant building fees on our View Permit Fees page.
Not including a completed contact sheet with the building permit application
- The project contact sheet is always included with the application, and it is required for building permits.
Not providing all other information or completing applications
- There are many supporting documents you may be required to provide, depending on the scope of your project. Obtaining and reviewing the building permit checklist can ensure you don't miss anything that will cause your application to be rejected.