What triggers a Water Department Review?
- Any change (+/-) of the fixtures and elements that impact the total demand.
- New water service (service line replacement or upgrade)
Required documents for permit submission:
- Water department review is triggered by Community Development releasing approved permit applications to the assigned referral agencies.
- Water department staff will review the existing plans vs. proposed plans to determine how permit is signed off.
- If fees are due, they must be collected prior to issuance of building permit.
- Construction/Development (completion of proposed work)
- Final Inspection/ECU count: water staff completes a site visit in which all water/ECU fixtures will be counted to ensure account accuracy.
- Detailed floor plans (existing and proposed) of the work to be done.
- Plans must include all water fixtures
New Utilities Development Fees:
| Utility Development Fees|
| $50/Review || Basic Projects with 0 to 100 Sq. Ft. of Affected Area |
| $1.00/Sq. Ft || Minor Projects with 101 to 5,000 Sq. Ft. of Affected Area|
| $1.00/Sq. Ft. for 1st 5,000 Sq. Ft. + $0.75/Sq.Ft. Thereafter || Intermediate Projects of 5,001 to 15,000 Sq.Ft. of Affected Area|
| $1.00/Sq. Ft. for 1st 5,000 Sq. Ft. + $0.75/Sq.Ft. for next 10,000 Sq. Ft. + $0.50;/Sq. Ft. Thereafter || Major Projects with more than 15,000 Sq. Ft.of Affected Are|
For more information on Utility Development Review Fees please click here
What are tap fees?
Tap fees are fees incurred for adding to the account’s overall water usage potential. This additional potential is achieved by adding water fixtures (sinks, toilets, irrigation, etc.), adding to occupancy (bedrooms, restaurant seats, etc.), upgrading the water service line (size increase, fire suppression, etc.), or any other changes to the plumbing that can add or subtract to the overall water usage potential.Contact information:
Steve Wilson - Plans Review - 970.429.1974
Lee Ledesma - Development Review Fee Questions - 970.429.1975