Why Schedule a Pre-Application Meeting?
Even if you anticipate your project to be simple and quick, meeting with planning staff for a pre-application meeting is always recommended. For projects requiring a Land Use Application, pre-application conferences with staff are required
as part of the application process.
During this conference, Planning staff will be able to review your project and confirm whether or not you need additional approvals before applying for a building permit
. What Does a Pre-application Meeting Involve?
The purpose of the pre-application meeting is to informally review the proposed development plan. This allows the developer to determine the most efficient methods of development review before committing any significant time or money to their plans. Generally, common topics of discussion include:
Schedule a Pre-application Meeting:
- The general nature of the development
- The anticipated review procedure for the development
- The referral agencies that will be involved in the expected review process
- The contents that will be required in the formal application
- An estimate of the application fee
- Written summary at the conclusion of the meeting, to provide the developer with directions
- Neighborhood outreach requirements
To schedule a pre-application meeting, contact Planning and Zoning at the information below.
City of Aspen
Planning and Zoning
City Hall, 3rd Floor
130 S. Galena Street
Aspen, CO 81611
Phone: (970) email@example.com
Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm (M-F)