Why Schedule a Pre-Application Meeting?
Even if you anticipate your project to be simple and quick, contacting planning staff is always recommended to determine if a Land Use Review may be required. For projects requiring a Land Use Application, pre-application conferences with staff are required
as part of the Land Use Review process.
During this conference, Planning staff will be able to review your project and confirm whether or not you need additional approvals before applying for a building permit
. What Does a Pre-application Meeting Involve?
The purpose of the pre-application meeting is to informally review the proposed development plan, and determine if a Land Use Review is required. To help facilitate the pre-application process, here is a suggested list of items to bring to your meeting:Schedule a Pre-application Meeting:
To schedule a pre-application meeting, contact Planning and Zoning at the information below.
City of Aspen
Planning and Zoning
City Hall, 3rd Floor
130 S. Galena Street
Aspen, CO 81611
Phone: (970) firstname.lastname@example.orgThe Planner of the Day accepts walk-ins during the following hours:
- Monday: 9:00AM - 12:00PM, 1:00PM - 1:30PM & 2:00PM - 3:30PM
- Tuesday: 9:00AM - 12:00PM & 1:00PM - 3:30PM
- Wednesday: 9:00AM - 12:00PM & 1:00PM - 3:30PM
- Thursday: 9:00AM - 10:00AM & 1:00PM - 3:30PM
- Friday: 9:00AM - 12:00PM & 1:00PM - 3:30PM *No walk-in hours on the 1st Friday of the month.