Obtain Land Use Approvals
Before you make detailed plans to grade, excavate or use the public Right of Way (ROW), be sure the project you are undertaking is allowed.


Land use is governed by the Land Use Code, and the Planner of the Day can help you understand whether you need additional land use approvals prior to starting your project.


Examples of actions that need land use approvals include:
  • Conditional uses,
  • Variances,
  • PUDs
  • SPAs
  • Subdivision plats,
  • Lot splits and lot line adjustments.


You need to submit a completed General Land Use Application Packet to the Planning Department if you are seeking these or similar approvals.


Visit our  Get Approval to Develop Page  to learn more about the approval process.


Previous               Next