Beginning in 2017, you will be able to apply for your permits online.
At this time, you can submit a paper application
by bringing your completed application form and all required documentation and checklists to the Engineering Department.
City of Aspen Engineering
City Hall Annex
517 E. Hopkins Ave.
Aspen, CO 81611
Office Hours: 8 - 4:30 (M-F)
Other Things to Consider With Your Application:
- If your project requires a pre-submittal meeting and sufficiency signoff, this MUST be completed before your application will be accepted for submission.
- At submission, staff will verify whether your application is complete and ready for review. If your application is NOT complete, it will be returned to you. This is a completeness check to verify that the application is ready for technical review, not a compliance check.
- If your permit application appears to be complete, intake staff will accept your submission, and will add your application to the work queue of the technical review staff of all relevant review agencies.
- If your application is incomplete, it will not be accepted. Instead, intake staff will:
- Provide you with a written list of the additional materials you need to provide
- Return all application materials to you
If you change your project substantially after your application is submitted, you may need to file a change order.