Other Necessary Permit Requirements:
When hosting a special event, you should be aware there are several approvals typically needed beyond your Special Event Permit Application:
Depending upon the event and what will be taking place, you may need to apply for the following licenses and permits
- Park Use Reservation Application - Application to reserve a City park for exclusive use by any individual, group or organization. Must be submitted at least thirty (30) days prior to the scheduled use of the facility.
- Special Events Liquor License
- Required when serving alcohol during a public event. Only non-profit
organizations can serve alcohol to the general public, and are
required to apply for a license at least 14 business days before the event.
- Temporary Business License
- A temporary business license is intended to give those temporarily
operating in a business capacity an expedited and cheaper option instead
of a regular business license. A 1 or 2 day license is required for any vendor or person promoting their business or collecting revenue. Non-profit organizations must also file for a business license since they are required to remit taxes collected on any sold goods.
- Temporary Food Service Application
- Required when any entity, vendor or person is serving food to the
public in a temporary location and period of time - outside the regular
scope of their Food Service License.
- Tent Permit - Required when installing and assembling a tent 120 square feet or larger in size.
- All fees are administered and collected by the agency issuing the permit.
- For permits outside of the Special Event Permit, you will need to pay additional fees in person via cash, check or credit card.
- Beginning in 2015, you can apply and pay for permits through our CSI Magnet Portal.
You can find all of these documents and additional information in our Resource Center