Tent Permits are reviewed and inspected by the Aspen Fire Protection District
and are required for any temporary tent, canopy or membrane structure larger than 200 square feet.
Tent Permit Applications:
Although Tent Permits are under the fire district's authority, the City issues them on their behalf.
To Apply for a Tent Permit
, complete the following form and submit it to the Community Development Department.
City of Aspen
City Hall, 3rd Floor
130 S. Galena St.
Aspen, CO 81611
8:00am - 4:30pm M-F
Permit Exemptions for Tents, Canopies and Membrane Structures:
- Tents used exclusively for recreational camping purposes
- Fabric canopies that are open on all sides and comply with the following:
- Less than 700 square feet
- Total area of multiple canopies together (less than 12 feet apart) is less than 700 square feet total
- Minimum clearance of 12 feet to all structures and other tents