Preliminary plans for Wagner Park indicate that the park will be closed from early July 2014 - June 2015. During that time, the park will be closed to the public, except for a brief stint in Fall 2014 when the park will be re-opened before the next phase of construction begins. Ultimately, the improvements will make Wagner Park a more resilient field for the next 30 years.
Reasoning for Construction in Wagner Park:
- High general park use wears out turf
- Park use has increased significantly
- Current recovery time after events is not as cost effective as renovation.
Approximate Dates of Park Closure:
- May 2014 - May 2014
- July 2014 - Fall 2014
- Fall 2014 - June 2015
Details of Improvements:
- Proposed renovation of the field profile: This includes modification of the soil profile to allow for better drainage and turf.
- Utilization of temporary flooring systems during Special Events: Two temporary flooring products are being purchased to protect the top of Wagner Park during heavy traffic.
- Added Electrical Infrastructure: Installing the electrical infrastructure needed by most events will eliminate the need for generators and will decrease energy consumption and noise in the park.