The City of Aspen provides space for banners across Main Street with the intent of advertising community events, be it for Arts organizations or Non-Profits and/or Not-for-Profit organizations.
The City Manager’s Office will facilitate the hanging of banners across Main Street in accordance with Municipal Code 26.510.030 (B)(3). Reservations will be taken each year on the first Monday in November for the upcoming year.
Spaces are reserved on a first-come-first-served basis with preference as follows:
- Non-profit events within Aspen which are free to the public,
- Free community events taking place within Aspen sponsored by a non-profit,
- Non-profit events that charge a fee for participation taking place within Aspen,
- Free community events sponsored by other than a non-profit taking place within Aspen.
- Events taking place outside of the City are considered last.
- Banner drop off and pick up is the City's Electric department located at 219 Puppy Smith.
- Banners may be hung for a maximum of two (2) weeks per event.
- Unless it is a holiday, banners go up on Mondays.
- Sorry, we cannot guarantee which side of traffic the banner will face or what time of the day banners will be hung.
Need more information? See City's Banner Over Main Street Policy and Procedures or call 970-920-5212.
Banners or Flags on Light Posts Along Main Street and in the Downtown Core
The City of Aspen provides space to hang banners and flags on Main Street and in the downtown core on light posts with the intent of celebrating significant anniversaries of local non-profit organizations beginning in the 10th year anniversary, and for events that are considered relevant to a large segment of the community. The United States, Colorado, Aspen, or foreign country flags shall be permitted at the discretion of the City Manager.
Space is reserved on a first-come-first-served basis. Applications must be received three months in advanced in order to be considered. The fee is $480 for the total of 16 spaces.
- The duration is 14 days or the duration of the event, whichever is less.
- Light pole banners must be delivered to the Electric Department two weeks prior to the scheduled hang date.
- Flags must be delivered to the Parks Department two weeks prior to the scheduled hang date.
- A $50 late fee will be imposed if banner/flags are not delivered two weeks prior to the hang date.
Need more information? See Light Pole Banner and Flags Policy and Application or call 970-920-5212.