The City of Aspen provides space for banners across Main Street with the intent of advertising community events, be it for Arts organizations or Non-Profits and/or Not-for-Profit organizations.
The City Manager’s Office will facilitate the hanging of banners across Main Street in accordance with Municipal Code 26.510.030 (B)(3). Reservations will be taken each year on the first Monday in November for the upcoming year.
Spaces are reserved on a first-come-first-served basis with preference as follows:
- Non-profit events within Aspen which are free to the public,
- Free community events taking place within Aspen sponsored by a non-profit,
- Non-profit events that charge a fee for participation taking place within Aspen,
- Free community events sponsored by other than a non-profit taking place within Aspen.
- Events taking place outside of the City are considered last.
- Banner drop off and pick up is the City's Electric department located at 219 Puppy Smith.
- Banners may be hung for a maximum of two (2) weeks per event.
- Unless it is a holiday, banners go up on Mondays.
- Sorry, we cannot guarantee which side of traffic the banner will face or what time of the day banners will be hung.
Need more information? See City's Banner Policy and Procedures or call 970-920-5212.