Molds occur naturally, can be found almost everywhere and will grow on almost anything (as long as moisture and oxygen are present). It is impossible to eliminate all molds and mold spores in the indoor environment. However, mold growth can be controlled indoors by controlling moisture indoors.
If you are concerned about mold growth in your home, first, eliminate the moisture that caused the mold. Consider hiring an Indoor Air Quality Consultant or Industrial Hygienist to inspect the problem and recommend appropriate actions to take. Check the Yellow Pages for local Indoor Air Quality Consultants or Industrial Hygienists. If you choose to hire a contractor (or other professional service provider) to do the cleanup, make sure the contractor has experience cleaning up mold.
If the moldy area is less than about 10 square feet and you would like to try tackling the problem yourself, first review the EPA’s Brief Guide to Mold, Moisture, and Your Home.