Concealed Handgun Permits
Concealed Handgun Permit FAQ's
Lost Permit or Change of Address
Pitkin County Sheriff's Office - Main Office
506 East Main Street
Aspen, CO 81611
On The Web
- Pick up an application in person at the Pitkin County Sheriff's Office - Main Office
Over the phone...
- Call (970) 920-5300 and request an application be mailed to you
Please bring the following to the Pitkin County Sheriff's Office
- Your completed Concealed Handgun Permit application. The application will be notarized at that time.
- A copy of the training certificate received for a handgun training course. Copy or certificate must have original signatures.
- Check, cashier's check or money order for $100.00, made payable to "Pitkin County Sheriff's Office" for the processing fee.
- A money order or cashier's check for $52.50 made payable to The Colorado Bureau of Investigations (CBI) for the fingerprinting and background check.
- Proof of residency.
Before You Turn In Your Application
Please call Heather Nelson at (970) 920-5280 for an appointment, to bring in your application, handgun training certificate and fees. Please call Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Appointments are scheduled on Thursdays between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. only. At that time we will take your photo for your ID and complete your fingerprint cards.
We do not accept applications outside of the hours listed above.
If you have any questions, please call (970) 920-5280.