|Draft AACP Available for Public Input and Review |
The preliminary draft of the joint City-County 2010 Aspen Area Community Plan (AACP) was released today, and is available for review at www.aspencommunityvision.com.
The initial public feedback phase of the 2010 AACP was held from October 2008 through February 2009, and included focus groups, a community survey, a blog, a Facebook page and instant voting sessions. This feedback was used by the joint City and County Planning and Zoning Commissions as the preliminary draft was generated.
The preliminary draft of the 2010 AACP includes nine chapters, each of which features a Vision Statement, Philosophy, Policies and Action Items. The chapters are: Planning for a Lifelong Aspenite, Historic Preservation, Sustaining the Aspen Idea, Transportation, Managing Growth & Economic Sustainability, West of Castle Creek Corridor, Environmental Quality, Parks, Recreation, Open Space & Trails and Housing.
The public will have several opportunities to provide feedback on the preliminary draft, including a series of Small Group Meetings, starting on October 12 and running through October 22. The public is invited to attend as many of these brown bag lunches and evening meetings as they would like.
The public is also invited to post comments on the AACP blog or Facebook page, which can be accessed on the “Adoption” page at www.aspencommunityvision.com.
The schedule of the Small Group Meetings is also posted on the “Adoption” page of the Website, as follows:
• October 12: Planning for a Lifelong Aspenite, 12-1:30 in the Sister Cities Room at Aspen City Hall, 130 S. Galena St.
• October 13: Historic Preservation and Sustaining the Aspen Idea, 12-1:30 in Sister Cities
• October 14: Transportation, 12-1:30 in Council Chambers at Aspen City Hall, 130 S. Galena St.
• October 15: Managing Growth & Economic Sustainability, 12-1:30 in Council Chambers
• October 18: West of Castle Creek Corridor, 12-1:30 in Council Chambers
• October 18: Managing Growth & Economic Sustainability, 5-6:30 in Sister Cities
• October 19: Environmental Quality and Parks, Recreation, Open Space & Trails, 12-1:30 in the Fire Station Meeting Room (third floor) at the Aspen Volunteer Fire Department, 420 E. Hopkins Ave.
• October 20: Housing, 12-1:30 in Sister Cities
• October 21: Managing Growth & Economic Sustainability, 12-1:30 in Sister Cities
• October 21: Housing, 5-6:30 in Sister Cities
• October 22: Transportation, 12-1:30 in Sister Cities
The public comments received at the blog, Facebook page and at the Small Group Meetings will be recorded and provided to the joint City and County Planning and Zoning Commission, City Council and the Board of County Commissioners as the preliminary draft undergoes further review in the coming months.
The public comments gathered at the Small Group Meetings will also be incorporated into a series of Large Group Meetings, which will be held at the Wheeler Opera House on November 15, 16 and 17.
The exact times and formatting of the Large Group Meetings are to be determined, and will be posted later in October at www.aspencommunityvision.com, as well as advertised in various local media.
Following the Large Group Meetings, the joint City and County Planning and Zoning Commissions, the City Council and the Board of County Commissioners will hold traditional public hearings, providing another opportunity for public feedback.
Posted on Thursday, September 30, 2010 (Archive on Thursday, October 07, 2010)
Posted by Contributed by