Fall Transit and Parking Information
Contact: Lynn Rumbaugh, Transportation Programs Manager, 920-5038, email@example.com or John Krueger, Transportation Director, 920-5042, firstname.lastname@example.org
Aspen, Colorado – August 24, 2012– The City of Aspen will transition to its fall transit schedule in early September. The new schedule includes changes to the regular hours for bus routes, paid parking on Saturdays and the Cross Town Shuttle. The changes are listed below.
Aspen Free Shuttles
· Fall schedule in effect September 4- November 21
· Monday – Saturday: The Castle-Maroon, Cemetery Lane, Hunter Creek and Mountain Valley routes will operate from approximately 7am-12am
· Sundays – The Castle-Maroon, Cemetery Lane, Hunter Creek and Mountain Valley routes will operate from approximately 9am-9pm
· Seasonal Shuttles: The Cross Town Shuttle ends for the season on September 3. The Cross Town and Galena Street Shuttles will begin winter service on November 22.
· Saturday free parking goes into effect September 8. Sundays and holidays remain free. Paid parking remains in effect Monday – Friday.
· Carpools of two or more adults may pick up a free carpool parking permit at the Airport Parking Kiosk on weekdays between 6am and 11am. Visit www.commuterconnect.net for help with locating carpool partners.
· Pay for parking quickly and easily via cell phone at www.paybyphone.com.
Late Night Taxi Service
· High Mountain Taxi will provide free late night service from Rubey Park to any City of Aspen bus stop on Fridays and Saturdays during the fall season. Service will be available at 12:30am, 1am, 1:30am, and 2am.
Call 970-925-8484 for bus route and schedule information.