Aspen Parks & Recreation (APR) has launched its new Website located at www.aspenrecreation.com. The site has been streamlined to improved navigation, functionality and user-friendliness.
"This redesign allows APR to more effectively market all we have to offer, including facilities, youth activities, adult activities, the Aspen Golf Club, parks and special events," said Kristin Drake, sales and marketing associate for the City of Aspen. "It also makes it a lot easier for our customers to be able to easily find information and get what they need."
A few of the new features include:
• Event Calendar – This calendar based located on the homepage is home to all the happenings in APR. One click of the date will give you a list of all the happenings that day and can be streamlined to just the category of your choice.
• Social Media – It’s now a one click shop to access any of APR media outlets – Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and blogs.
o Guests to the site are able to share any information they find by easily being able to “Share” this information via their own Facebook, Twitter and email accounts.
• Texting – Want to be noticed of important updates, closures and other information? Text ARC to 26469.
• Virtual Tour –You’ll be able to take a glance around the Aspen Recreation Center, Red Brick Recreation, Aspen Golf Club, tennis courts, Nordic skiing and more.
• Easy Online Pass & Activity Purchases –While guests have been able to use this feature since November of 2008, the new site allows sign up from the activity or membership pages.
• Upcoming Features -- Upcoming features include video & photo galleries with the opportunity for guests and visitors to post their own experiences, as well as trail and cross-country ski maps via Google Maps.
"Moving forward, we’ll continually be updating and improving the Website," said Nancy Lesley, director of special events and marketing. "We are absolutely committed to communicating electronically and using technology to make using our facilities and offerings an even better all-around experience for our customers."