Summer Transit and Parking Information
Contact: Lynn Rumbaugh, Transportation Programs Manager, 920-5038, firstname.lastname@example.org or John Krueger, Transportation Director, 920-5042, email@example.com
Aspen, Colorado – June 7, 2012– The City of Aspen will transition to its summer transit schedule this month. The changes include return to regular hours for bus routes, paid parking on Saturdays and the return of the season Cross Town Shuttle. The changes are listed below.
Aspen Free Shuttles
· Begin June 16
· The Cross Town Shuttle begins June 14. It operates daily from 8am-9pm. Riders should watch for extended evening service (until 11pm) during special events this summer including:
Elvis Costello: June 16
Jazz Aspen Snowmass June Festival: June 22-24
Aspen Ideas Festival: June 27-July 3
4th of July: July 4
Select Aspen Music Festival Events
· Visit www.aspenpitkin.com/transportation for a full listing of Cross Town Shuttle late night service dates.
· Saturday paid parking is in effect as of June 9. Sundays and holidays remain free.
· Carpools of two or more adults may pick up a free carpool parking permit at the Airport Parking Kiosk on weekdays between 6am and 11am. Visit www.commuterconnect.net for help with locating carpool partners.
· Pay for parking quickly and easily via cell phone at www.paybyphone.com.
Save the Dates
· The City of Aspen will host a Transportation Open House on Tuesday June 26 at Aspen City Hall. Stop by between 12pm-2pm for the latest information on a variety of programs and projects.
· Cyclists of all levels are invited to attend the annual Bike to Work Day event on Wednesday, June 27from 7-10am in Paepcke Park: food, fun, education and prizes for the whole family.
Call 970-925-8484 for bus route and schedule information.