ASPEN, CO - 06/14/2010 – Even though Aspen is a safe place to live and work, property crimes do occur in our city; many of which are crimes of opportunity. In recent weeks there have been several attempted burglaries and businesses left unsecure in the downtown area. Here are a few tips and reminders to help protect your business or office:
· Lock all doors, windows and any means of entry (garage doors, sky lights, patio sliders).
· Arm security systems.
· If possible leave lights on at night to deter burglaries
· Do not leave cash or checks in your business or office where they are easily accessible.
· Lock up important and sensitive records.
· Turn off computers and password protect.
· Report all break-ins to the police in a timely manner.
· Report any new, fresh pry marks or signs of forced entry
· If your business or office has security cameras, make sure they are operating properly.
Officer Adam Loudon, of the Aspen Police, provides free crime prevention information for your business. If you have any questions or wish to schedule a crime prevention seminar, contact Officer Loudon at 970-920-5400.